What qualifications do we require?
- GCSEs in English and mathematics at grade 4 (equivalent to a C grade) or above (and, if applying to teach at primary level, a GCSE in science at grade 4 or above), or acceptable equivalents;
- A UK degree (preferably a 2.1 or a 1st) or an acceptable equivalent (either a degree from another country or significant relevant work experience); and
- Passes in the Professional Skills Tests in Numeracy and Literacy.
If applicants do not have a degree in their chosen subject, he/she must demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge in and understanding of that subject.
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and an occupational health assessment to assess their fitness for teaching.
Where applicants are presenting overseas qualifications, it is their responsibility to apply to NARIC (www.naric.org.uk) for a letter of comparability for the relevant GCSE and degree-level qualifications, and to bring the NARIC letter along with the relevant certificates to their initial interview.
What we are looking for?
Future Training seeks to recruit applicants who:
- have a passion for their chosen subject;
- are able to work effectively with young people;
- are confident, motivated and well-organised;
- can work constructively with other people in a team;
- are self-aware and open to learning;
- are able to communicate in confident, accurate written and spoken Standard English;
- reveal insights into teaching and learning; and
- have a long-term commitment to teaching as a career.