Assessment Only Route
The Pimlico-London SCITT is an accredited provider of the Assessment Only route to achieving Qualified Teacher Status. This route allows unqualified teachers who have taught in at least two schools and have been responsible for planning, teaching and assessment to gain QTS.
Enquiries are welcome from unqualified teachers with significant classroom experience and from schools with staff they wish to sponsor through the process.
Candidates must be aware that this route does not include any training, and it is therefore not a substitute for more extensive initial teacher education.
Aims of the AO route
The objectives of this programme are:
- To support the teacher to put together a portfolio of evidence.
- To complete in-school observations of the teacher’s practice by the school’s senior leaders.
- To assess the evidence provided by the portfolio and the in-schools observations against the DfE Teachers Requirements
Requirements of the Course
In order to be eligible for the AO route, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Experience of teaching in two educational settings.
- UK Honours degree or equivalent.
- GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or above. (Candidates for Primary QTS also require a GCSE in Science.)
- Successful completion of both professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy.
- Support from your employing school.
The fees for the route are £2,100.
For further details and to discuss your individual requirements, please contact us on 020 7802 3455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to the Assessment Only route, please download an application form and send it to email@example.com