If your application is successful we will contact you directly and invite you to attend an interview with the Initial Teacher Education team at our teacher training centre in Pimlico.
- You will be sent a topic to deliver to 10 students for a 20 minute lesson – we want to see that you interact well with the students and are passionate about your subject.
- You will have three written tasks to complete including a 20 minute GCSE question if you are teaching secondary children. Primary trainees will have to answer English and Maths questions.
- If you pass these sections on the interview process you will be asked to stay on for a panel interview.
You will need to bring:
- Original copies of qualifications as declared in your application (GCSE, A level and Degree)
- Proof of your right to work or study in the UK. This is usually your passport but do contact us if you have any questions about what is accepted as proof.
- Letters as evidence that you have passed the numeracy and literacy skills tests (if you have completed these).
- Other forms that will be provided upon your invitation to interview.
We try to give you the results of your interview as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Following a successful school visit, we will make you a formal offer through UCAS. You will need to accept this through your UCAS track.
Congratulations on securing your place! At this point you will receive more information from our team including important dates, information on our induction period and any pre-employment checks we need to complete.